Coaching goal: Health
“Health is the state of comprehensive physical, mental and social well-being and not just the absence of disease and affliction.” (WHO, 1986)
Health resources are factors that keep people healthy and enable people to respond to demands for high performance and resilience, as well as to positively regulate the state of well-being and social inclusion (towards overall well-being).
On the one hand, healthy conditions, e.g. an intact social environment, and behaviors that can affect one’s health, especially exercise and nutrition.
Core elements of the health-oriented training with Bardo are:
- Strengthening of physical resources: endurance, strength, stretching, coordination, relaxation
- Reduction of physical risk factors: Amongst other things Hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, hyperglycemia, obesity, muscular imbalances
- Stabilization and improvement of general health: Amongst other things subjective health condition, satisfaction with health, stress perception
- Long-term behavioral effects as possible, in particular by: a) Building loyalty to health-promoting sports activities and b) Reducing activity or participation barriers.
The Health Coach Bardo concept provides for the examination of negative influences and the so-called civilization diseases already in the initial consultation:
- Not appropriate diet
- lack of exercise
- Occupational overload
- Alcohol, tobacco, and drug abuse
- Noise pollution and overstimulation/li>
Main forms of civilization diseases:
- Overweight, obesity, lipid metabolism disorders
- Hypertension, atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, stroke, peripheral circulatory disorders
- Metabolic diseases (e.g. diabetes mellitus type 2, gout)
- Denture and skeletal damage (dental caries, disc damage, rheumatic diseases, osteoporosis)
- Diseases of the digestive system (constipation, hemorrhoids, intestinal diverticulum)
- Connective tissue and venous insufficiency (varicose veins)
If you choose Bardo as your health coach, you will take decisive steps to strengthen your physical health resources. The training causes an activation of the muscle system which causes complex adaptation processes of the entire organism. Are organs and body systems permanently exposed to subliminal stimuli – e.g. no regular training, reduction of everyday movements -, remain positive adjustment processes in the body. As a result, the functionality and performance of unclaimed body systems deteriorate and a risk to human health can arise.